Labour and Birth Doula
Labour and birth service offers:
- One or two pre-birth sessions as preparation for labour.
- On-call for labour & birth at home or birth center.
- I primarily work with women who are choosing to birth at home.
- I provide empowerment, active support and encouragement in labour.
- Advocating and supporting you and your partner on your behalf as required.
- I am a registered midwife, but I will not provide your care in this capacity as a doula.
- The responsibility for labour & birth care is always with you LMC. You will need to sign an agreement of this at the commencement of our care.
Our time together allows you a calm space to make sense of chaos in an energetically vibrant time – the experience I offer is space for you to navigate your mind and body in a time of great demand.
Cost to be discussed upon application.
Matrescence Doula [Postpartum]
The postpartum period is traditionally the 42 days or six-week period where a birth-giver’s body is in recovery. A more recent term, matrescence, describes this as a holistic transformation period to motherhood, acknowledging individualized patience as your ally. The journey is a somatic, emotional, mental and spiritual metamorphosis of self that births a mother into a new aspect of herself/themself.
Traditional practices worldwide honor the magnitude of holistic change and learning of becoming a mother as a process, rather than the event of birth. Some cultures continue to give space, support, and nurture to the new mother, but many have an expectation of a quick return to full function. Innate and intuitive parenting benefits from rest, observation, and guidance to reduce overwhelm. Caring for a newborn
is a huge undertaking, with a vital importance on ensuring the new baby feels emotionally and physically safe.
With decades of midwife experience, I bring historically developed knowledge and evidence to the prenatal and postpartum stages. I share deep knowledge and in-person care, compassion, and support during this sacred time.
This period is where physical rest is imperative for healing and adjustment to the postpartum body. The matrescence transforms you into motherhood, a learning-intensive amidst altered sleep rhythms and self-expectation. A newly birthed mother without enough support and nourishment faces the potential of exhaustion, anxiety, and a decline in her mental and physical well-being.
Matrescence is a spiritual place of awe, wonder and magic, led directly from your heart.
The responsibility for labour & birth care is always with you LMC. You will need to sign an agreement of this at the commencement of our care.
My preparation and post-birth service offers:
- One or two pre-birth sessions as preparation for your birth and postpartum.
- Following birth, I visit you at home for six weeks of 2–4 hours of care, depending on what you need or desire.
- Healing through nourishing meals that digest well.
- Post-birth restorative massage.
- Restorative mind and body practices, floral salt sitz, belly-warming, belly binding, yoni steaming, mindfulness, and breathwork.
- Space to talk and be deeply heard.
- Breastfeeding/baby feeding information with professional guidance and support.
- Moments for self-care.
- Some light house duties that get the home back on track.
Our time together allows you a calm space to make sense of chaos – an experience of change and bring the lights on for joy, love, and peace with your baby.
Cost to be discussed when I know what you’re seeking.